This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
- 12 years max, some possible options are below.
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
- No Tenure / No Pension
- Members of Congress receive a salary while in office, that salary ends when they leave office.
- Congress members (past, present & future) are to participate in Social Security.
A. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
B. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with all Americans.
C. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Members of Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present members of Congress are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make the contract members of Congress enjoy, Congress made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person who reads this contacts a minimum of twenty people, and passes this on, it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time. THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just run for office.