Major Senate Floor Action –
- The Senate will be considering the conference report for the Iraq and Afghanistan War Supplemental bill. The Senate is set to except language that would allow the release of prisoner abuse photos, but only after the Obama administration promised to use executive authority to block them. There is also a $100 billion IMF bailout in the bill.
- Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will bring a tourism bill to the floor that will create a government marketing firm to promote tourism to the United States.
Major House Floor Action –
- Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009, which would provide funding for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, along with various other non-defense related items. H.R. 2346.
- Several other Appropriations bills will be on the House floor, including Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill ($64.4 Billion) and the Homeland Security Appropriations Bill ($42.6).
Major House Committee Action –
- Speaker Pelosi expects all committees with jurisdiction on the Waxman Markey cap and trade bill to complete their work by June 19th. Also, the House Armed Services Committee will be marking up HR 2647 Fiscal 2010 Defense Authorization.